Meridian Magazine

28 May 2005

Uno, Dos, Tres.............

Our ward had a Quatorce de Mayo party. Yes, it was really just Gringo food. But, it was yummy anyway. The highlight was the dessert. We had all you can eat churros. It was almost as good as Disneyland. I pretended I was George Lopez and told Laney she could only have a lick and pass it on.

The pinata was a big hit with the kids (pun intended.) I'm glad we didn't knock any teeth out. After all the kids had a turn they let me have the last whack. I figured that the pinata tenders would let me get a few licks in and then try to get some laughs at my expense. So, after two hits I felt around for the rope with my stick and then grabbed it so they couldn't pull it out of my reach. And then I just wailed away at the thing much to the delight of the kids. On cue they threw large quantities of candy on the floor and everyone squealed with delight.

No comments: