Meridian Magazine

28 May 2005

Jensen's face says, "Are we there yet?"

Jensen's Graduation

The mind can only absorb as much as the hiney can endure. I swear that quote has the word "hiney" in it. You might be wondering why I've posted so many items in a row. I'm entertaining myself at Jensen's Graduation. Eighteen speakers later......I think someone spiked Hartman Rector's water. He really is a talented extemporaneous speaker, able to hold forth for a long, long time. Amazingly, after 4.5 hours, 92 year old Cleon Skousen is still alert. Brother Rector is starting to lose the room. Jensen is trying to be stoic. We are sitting at the back of the hall making funny comments to eachother and faces at Jensen. Really we are at least an hour beyond reasonable. It's the beginning of Memorial Day weekend for goodness sake!

Last year graduation was outside and rain mercifully kept it short. This year we are at the Grand America Hotel. Very Posh. But, no hope for rain.

No comments: