Meridian Magazine

03 May 2005

Elder Dreamboat

When the two new LDS Apostles were announced last October General Conference I actually missed the announcement because I was at the end of a 50 mile bike ride. Once the ride was finished and I was in the car on my way home the news had already happened. So when I walked in the house and asked my wife. She made me guess as a punishment. She did give me a hint: Elder Dreamboat. My sister in law and I think also my mom (sorry mom, if I'm right or if I'm wrong) had taken to calling Dieter Uchtdorf "Elder Dreamboat" when they had seen him in the past. Part of the way through his talk at Conference Jensen came down the stairs wondering if Arnold Schwarzenegger was Mormon.

I used to belong to what one 91 year old member of our ward referred to as the best looking bishopric in the Church. I wonder if there is a market in the Church for beefcake pageants?

No comments: