Meridian Magazine

25 August 2005

Caveat Venditor


I'll try to say this without causing too much shame or consternation for my father in law. Two years ago when they were moving to Utah and selling their home in Kentfield, California, they were told they weren't asking enough for their house. I think they were told to list it at upwards of 2 million. The home held deep sentimental value for my in laws and they wanted to make sure it wasn't just torn down and that someone would enjoy it like they did for years. I think they believed they had found the perfect family for the home, a young family. They felt comfortable that this family understood and would respect their wishes. They even lowered their price for the family and it sold at 1.5 million. Well, the home has now been dolled up some (paint, carpet, some landscaping) and is on the market for 2.8 million. Try to say that without sounding like Dr. Evil from Austin Powers.

No comments: