Meridian Magazine

26 August 2005

Cat Burglar


One evening in San Clemente the kids left the apartment to go for a walk on the pier and try to attract stalkers. So, I thought it was just me and Laney in the apartment. I went in the bathroom briefly leaving Laney on the bed. When I returned, she was holding a cat on her lap. Some stranger's cat had wandered in for a visit. I thought it odd because the front door was closed and I was sure the kids wouldn't just let in some stray cat without telling me. I looked around and figured out the he must have climbed a fence and jumped onto the roof right near the upstairs deck and come in the open sliding door. Other than his surprise intrusion, he was very well mannered and tempered. Several of the clan from the other apartment came over to say hi to him. We think he was a Russian Blue. The name on his tag said "Fizz."

No comments: