Meridian Magazine

06 March 2012

Sick Week

Last week Laney was out sick Mon-Thurs and I was sick on Wed and Thurs. So we had a little fun togetherness:) On the Wednesday our refrigerator was going on the fritz. We were not liking the prospect of buying a new one. This one is only 13 years old. Lenore remembered that Lane's friend Mattie's dad repairs appliances. So, I called him. He came out pretty quick and repaired the thing in about an hour. Total charge: $100. It is now working great. Funny thing. Almost since day one this fridge made some odd noises, sounded like sparks or water dripping on something hot. Well, it no longer makes that noise. He replaced a blower that he thinks shorted out. Probably has been hanging on for a long time.

Thursday evening was the time of finding lost things. It had snowed recently and Lenore remarked to me that she didn't have a snow brush in her car. I was pretty sure she really did. So, I went out in the garage to investigate. I found it under the rear seat of her Explorer. But, it was wedged under the seat really tight. So, I had to unlatch the seat and fold it down and then lift up the part on the back that covers the gap between the floor and the folded down seat. I got her brush out and then lo and behold I also found Laney's IPOD shuffle which has been missing for about 2 years and had since been replaced. Now, I know I had gotten into that space more than once to clean or get the spare tire crank thingy. We surmise that it must have just recently fallen all the way down into that area from somewhere.

Alisa had gone down to Provo for a class on their upcoming Wales Study Abroad that Jensen and she are doing. The class went somewhat late and they went to get some food afterward and had gone some other places. We got a frantic call from them saying that Ailsa couldn't find her wallet. She had it at one place and put it in her back pocket and then later it was nowhere to be found. She wanted me to see if I could see any activity on the her debit card online. Didn't see anything. They were beside themselves and couldn't logically think what to do. We told them to pray and retrace their steps. Well, they searched around their various stops for about and hour and found it back in the parking lot of the place they last used her card. They couldn't remember where they had parked so they were looking all over. Jensen saw a rectangular shape under a slight covering of snow and there it was. She's pretty blessed/lucky. Would hate to have to go through the hassle of cancelling things and re-obtaining id's.

Last time I lost my wallet was at Doheny when I was 18/19. I was glad to get it back later (a couple of weeks, I had already gotten a duplicate driver's license.) Martin Becker and I drove down to San Clemente to pick it up from the police. Of course we took the opportunity to go surfing. We hoped that what little cash I had had would still be in the wallet. No dice. We were hungry so we scrounged all through his Peugot looking for spare change and came up with something a little over a dollar and bought some donuts in San Clemente. Mmmmm.

1 comment:

Tamsyn said...

We are having a sick week too!!! Glad you guys are better and all things found!!! :)