Meridian Magazine

06 January 2006

Britty Boo

"Hi Uncle T! This is Britty." I was out at lunchtime today and got a call on my cell phone. I don't often get calls on my cell phone, especially from my cutest most favoritest niece. Was this an emergency? No, unbeknownst to me she had just driven by me and wanted to say Hi! How nice. She was off to a friend's house to watch Thoroughly Modern Millie. She is such a good kid.

I guess I have to take that back about favoritest niece though. I have lots of nieces and nephews. I could say my favoritest niece named Brittany. But, in deference to my other niece named Brittany, I'd better refrain from that. And, she is really really cute. But, then so is the other Brittany, sort of a blonde Catherine Zeta Jones. Let's face it. It's hard to be unique in this family.

I have two sisters named Kim. Well, Kim and a sister in law named Kimberly. (You're probably expecting me to say I have two brothers named Darrell. But, that's Lenore's Father's name.) I have a brother named Sean and a nephew named Shaun. I have a brother named Aron and a nephew named Aaron. I have a sister named Kristin and Aaron's wife is Kristen.

I have two nieces named Brenna. There's a sister in law named Melissa and a niece named Melissa. Ailsa's middle name is Christian and my niece Shanna's husband is Christian (go Aquabats!) I know, now I'm stretching. Oh... and I have ten nephews named Sajid. Just kidding about that Sajid bit, only one of those.

I have let my daughters know that when it comes to husband selection time they are to avoid any of the above mentioned names.

Update: Aparently some members of the family didn't get the memo. I've been informed that Ryan and Julie are naming their little girl Bonnie Ryan Hoke.

Update again: Niece Brittany (Catherine Zeta Jones) is now engaged to Clayton. My brother Sean has a son by the same name. And nephew Brandon is dating a Kim.

No comments: