Meridian Magazine

29 June 2018

Avalon Envy

I may have posted this before. But, I can't find it and I want to make sure it is documented.

My parents have owned a 2003 Toyota Avalon for quite some time. (We bought our own maybe 8-9 years ago because it was such a nice car.) One of the things I like is it is quite peppy. It only about 240 horsepower (only, back in the day we would kill for that.) But, it's probably pretty light and has a lot of torque. It has variable valve timing and if you romp on the accelerator it responds very nicely.

Before we bought ours and my mom was living with us, the Bishopric went out one evening to visit people.

In the meantime Jensen borrowed grandma's Avalon to run some errand. She took Laney with her. Laney was probably around 6 or 7 years old.

We were at the Brahman condos when we heard an engine racing and a car tearing down the street. Laney was in the back on the drivers side with the window down. It seemed to me she was hanging out the window quite a bit for a little kid. She might not have had her seat belt on.

Without missing a beat, she waved enthusiastically at us and said, "Hi daddy!"

Sheesh.

No comments: