Meridian Magazine

02 October 2014

Cogito


My bank is being hacked. My country is being invaded with plagues, physical and spiritual. We refuse to employ any means to protect ourselves from moral and physical onslaughts. We have turned over our fate to the lowest common denominator among us, people with no sense, no morals, no will. We refuse to deny anything to the immoral, punish the criminal, or positively instruct the young.

This country was once a bastion. We cannot back away from that role and expect the world to flourish. The US must lead out on all fronts. We guide, we support, we sustain the rest of the World. Today's problems aren't the result of a flawed system. They are the result of abandoning founding principles. Unfortunately, we diverged so long ago there is very little still shining through the intervening fog.

I have faith that, “Everything will be all right in the end... if it's not all right then it's not yet the end.” But, I am starting to wonder and fear how bad things become before that marvelous end.

Other than that I am having a great day. That is all.

3 comments:

A Lane said...

"Ductus Exemplo" 2014'

Todd Lillywhite said...

I'm gonna guess that means lead by example....I'm trying.

A Lane said...

Or Leadership by Example,
Bravo Zulu