Meridian Magazine

30 September 2014

Yesterday


Had a very nice and busy weekend (despite the rain). Temple shift Saturday morning was longish because the Temple closed after the 10pm session. So we were the only shift and had to stay till noon to get it all done. I'm really new to all this and nobody really was telling me what to do. I could have hung back and not done much. But, at every opportunity I stepped right in and did the job. Nobody told me not to. It was a good shift. I was tired in the middle. But, at the end I was fine.

The neighborhood “Chili cook-off” got somewhat squelched because of the rain. So, it was held in the Schipper's garage. Only five entries. We enjoyed the time and got to see the new re-models in their home.

Our Sunday meetings involved missionary farewells for two kids in the neighborhood: Brooklyn Brewer and Dallas Anderson. Their talks were very nice and sweet and they will make great missionaries. The occasion of their farewells brought in a large crowd for our Sacrament meeting. I was asked to help pass the Sacrament. Halfway through the Bishop and first counselor came and joined us because we needed the help. I realized that my whole old bishopric was passing the Sacrament together. A neat moment.

I reluctantly attend the occasional Sunday evening church meeting. We had a Stake Youth Standards night Yesterday. I am really glad I went. David Archuleta gave a very nice presentation. I am a bit of a music snob. He has a great talent and is one of the most personable and engaging people I have ever seen. A very sweet spirit was there as he bore testimony of the Savior Jesus Christ through his comments and beautiful song.

No comments: