Meridian Magazine

10 September 2011

Rememberance

I was driving Ailsa to school and heard that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. Soon after that I was at the dentist and saw footage of the second attack (while I was in the dentist chair.) at one point the news coverage cut back to the live footage and I could only see one tower. Eventually they confirmed that it had collapsed. When I finally got to work we were fully in the throes of the day. It seemed to me that we should all go home, if only for the reason that we wouldn't be getting much work done and it would be easier to keep track of all of the news. Lenore and I stayed up quite late watching the coverage. I was astounding to consider the possible amount of lost lives (at sometimes estimated to be upwards of 30,000, as I recall.) Thank goodness it wasn't that high.

Each LDS ward was instructed to have a memorial type service. I believe ours was on Sunday 16 September, because that is the date I assigned to the file containing my remarks for the service.

They can be found here.

No comments: