Meridian Magazine

05 February 2009

Kathy Andreason Passing

Obituary is here.

A Facebook page dedicated to her is here.

The Andreasons were in our ward since I don't know when. Kathy was always in choir with me and we sang together in Chamber Singers for two years I think. It was especially fun to sort of be an in law, even after Kim and Steve divorced.

The first time I remember her and Ty being a thing was at a Young Adult conference in La Canada Flintridge or someplace like that. Ty and Mark Nebeker and Frits Tessers (who was a cheerleader with the Rams) were the 3 upon whom everyone was focused.

When Ty passed I was at BYU in Church on Sunday morning when the news arrived and I was just struck by it.

I saw her after that from time to time. But, our orbits were getting larger and probably 10 or 15 years passed. Then I saw her at Tamsyn's wedding (I think that was 2005) the first time in a long time. She asked me somewhat poignantly if life had turned out the way I thought it would.

We had shared a large part of our High School age years. She was always the nicest and funnest person to be with and a good example.

No comments: