Meridian Magazine

12 February 2009

The Funeral

Kim told us Kathy Andreason was ill on 28 or 29 Jan when she was in town visiting. Within a day or two Tom Grassley also let me know. Then in another day or two she was gone.

The funeral was very nice. Tyler did a great job of organizing it and spoke very well. It was very good to see a lot of people. Mom and I sat with Diana and Ray Pratt. And it was good to catch up with Diana. I haven't spoken much to her in over 20 years. I got to see Tom Grassley and of course Steve and Joy and Diane. Shanna was there and spoke and did a wonderful job as did all of the nieces and nephews.

Mike Mabry was there and I caught a brief glimpse of Frits Tessers. I had forgotten that Ray and Diana knew him. I had also forgotten that there was a connection between Randy McCoy (Scott Lillywhite's first wife) and the Vongsawad family. And Ric Starnes (Brittany Porter's father in law) sang a musical number. The families evidently knew each other well in RSM. Mormon Philotic web again.

The funeral was very nice and the Spirit very strong. A true disciple of Christ. So, it wasn't overly sad.

No comments: