Meridian Magazine

08 February 2008

Staring Into the Gaping Maw

Yes, I'm turning 50 on Monday. My body confirms it (some arthritis in the hands during the colder months, persistent back problems that I have to stay on top of with stretching and therapy). My mind, however still thinks I'm in my early 30's.
Here's a catch up: If you haven't seen Lars and the Real Girl, Dan in Real Life (common thread here), Music and Lyrics, or The Holiday, they are all pretty good to very good movies.
I haven't written a Christmas letter and at this point, probably won't.
The weather has started to turn a little bit. We've had so much global warming this winter I can't stand anymore. I really think if I was no longer Bishop, we might consider moving somewhere warm.
The last time I rode my bike was 24 Nov until the last Saturday in Jan. I finished last year just 63 miles shy of 4000 miles, all at an average of slightly over 19mph. So far this winter I have managed to keep from gaining too much weight, only up 10 lbs or so from the summer.
The Christmas lights are still up and probably will be until Easter.
We are all in mourning over the withdrawal of Mitt Romney. However, we are mostly mourning because the "Republicans" couldn't see the good case for his candidacy. We have large swaths of black cloth draped about the house, like the Italians. We may just write him in anyway come November. I don't want McCain. Better to have a real Democrat, than one who disguises himself as a Republican. Let Hillary or Obama be the Carter to Romney's Reagan in 2012.

No comments: