Meridian Magazine

06 July 2007

We weren't able to go to the River to stay at Kim's house near Parker this July. I don't have a lot of vacation time to spare and Jensen is taking a class that she can't miss. But, Ailsa and Lane went.

We were a little apprehensive about Ailsa driving with Kiddo. But, from Spanish Fork to Saint George she caravaned with the Porters and then from Saint George they drove with the Grandparents in their car. On the way back from Saint George she and Laney will be alone, I think. It was a little hard to get over the anxiety of letting them go and questioning their safety. But, all reports are that they are having a great time and Laney is behaving herself.

I've been trying to ride 1000 miles this month on the bike. But, as of today I am behind. On the 4th I rode 60 miles and it wasn't too bad. After the last turn home around the RR tracks in Draper I saw a couple of riders up ahead of me and set out to catch them. The first rider wasn't too hard to overtake. But, I didn't catch up with the second rider for about 4 miles. And it was a girl. We were going around 24 MPH. I fell in behind her for a while and then passed her. But, she kept me close. Then we got stopped at a light. Same thing, I fell in behind and then tried to pass her and it took forever. Finally, she turned on "Creek" road.

Later in the afternoon we went to Leslie's to swim in the pool. Right before dinner I was really enjoying just lying on the floaty mat and soaking in the Sun. It was wonderful. I could have fallen asleep.

No comments: