Meridian Magazine

01 March 2006

Adventures in Data Mining

Most of you come to this blog on purpose Thank you for your interest. Some of you get here by mistake. How can I tell? SITE METER!!!! If you scroll down to the very bottom of the site you will find a small multi-striped square. If you click on it you will navigate to a site that keeps track of webpage traffic. I don't understand it all and don't know how reliable it is. But, it has been interesting at least.

Below are some of the more unusual and more bizarre queries that led to my blogs:

City (followed by) Search Terms
Madison, Wisconsin "where belinda jensen buys her clothes"
Newport, Rhode Island february surf in kauai
Burnaby, British Columbia "lake delores" "water park" "injury"
Reston, Virginia naked prints of catherine zeta-jones
(This websurfer didn't spend much time on my blog, I'm sure.)
Incirlik, Diyarbakir, Turkey angela & steve smith
Erba, Lombardia, Italy gael tromeur
Baton Rouge, LA "pierre tromeur" como
Cohoes, New York staglieno cemetery, genova, italy
Edinburgh, Scotland nuova riviera
Mogriguy, NSW, Australia train from nice to treviglio
La Jolla, California "angela giuliano"
Sai Wan Estate, Hong Kong "roman columns" "washington dc" "monument"
Immaculata, Pennsylvania market day cremona italy
1600 Penn Ave, Washington, DC "Osama Bin Laden is a slimy dog"

I threw that last one in just to see if you were awake.

I can just see Aron now for kicks begin navigating to my blog by googling "Todd Lillywhite is a big fat dork."

Oh, Oh, Oh, wait, quick somebody write a story where people send secret messages to eachother this way. Ailsa, get on it. Call it "Infomine." I claim the movie rights.

1 comment:

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I just installed site meter two weeks ago, very amusing!
I wrote a post about the Kroger Sushi chef stalking store patrons with his sampler platter in hand, and have had at least four referrals based on that.
Another blog I frequent had a weird referral for the phrase, 'Man, I feel like a Mormon'! To which Google asked if the person meant 'Man, I feel like a Moron'!