Meridian Magazine

28 October 2005

Comments on MeridianMagazine.com

Click on the link in the title above. Scroll down. Look for my name. This is the original column that I commented on.

Comments below:

I see this as a big problem. Our culture is cultivating these perpetual teenagers. I was astounded that this fellow's father (who is obviously old enough to consider a "senior" mission) is so involved in computer games.

I expect there may be sins/habits/addictions that the husband may still be hiding from his wife. Or, possibly he realizes that if he gives himself over to the Lord, he may end up in a "serious" calling that requires an awful lot of someone, like Bishop. I actually had someone admit this to me yesterday.

Are we somehow giving people the idea that it isn't a joy to serve in "serious" callings? Are we somehow letting them believe that they don't have to develop their full potential?

Women are often so eager to have the whole spiritual package that they step into the breach and fill in for their husbands. Men come to rely on this female characteristic. Shame on the men. —Todd Lillywhite

Thanks for your letter, Todd. I was hoping we’d hear from a brother or two out there. Incidentally, isn’t it interesting that not one man wrote in to complain about his wife?

No comments: