Meridian Magazine

16 February 2013

Showshoeing



For a long time I've wondered what snowshoeing was like. We got a chance to try it out recently with the Kimber school. On 15 Feb I took of work around noon and we went up to Midway to try it out. The weather was sunny (had been for a while) with no new snow on the ground. So, we didn't get the full benefit of the experience. But, we had fun and a good workout and the weather was about as good as we could have asked for. I took one of my layers off and carried it with me. Probably only walked about two miles at the most.

We got home and hurried to get ready and meet the Youngs at MichelAngelo's restaurant. We hadn't been to their new location (just slightly north of and across the street from the old Villa theater.) The food was quite good, although I like my Carbonara better. And they have really good house bread that comes in huge loaves they sell for $6 each.

We wanted to get a movie at Redbox. We were looking for “Seeking a Friend for the End of the World.” The boxes at our Fresh market were all checked out of it. Turns out that was a good thing because we saw it later with Jensen and Ailsa and it was pretty raunchy and not that entertaining. We got Flight instead. It was also a little raunchy. But, much more entertaining.

No comments: