Meridian Magazine

27 May 2008

In UnremarkableMemoriam

Memorial Day was somewhat unremarkable. It was very rainy almost all of the day. We managed to finish our yard cleanup project involving a huge green waste trailer from Murray City. We did this yard work during the one major break in the rain. For a short while I thought I might go for a bike ride. But, within a half hour it was pouring again. I'm glad my lazy self prevented me from getting caught in a downpour. Laney and I found that on the Science Channel they were running back to back episodes of “How it's Made.” This kept us entertained for a couple of hours while I chewed on sunflower seeds.

We went to Leslie's for dinner and spent a good amount of time in the hot tub. Here you can see the girls showing how “hot” they are. If you look closely there is steam billowing from them.


After dinner literally about 10 of us ended up in Leslie's room on her bed watching the first disc of Arrested Development. It's a good thing I work full time. I seem to be unable to stop eating when I am at home. At work I can control how much food I have access to.

My talk on Sunday went pretty well I think. Lenore and I also sang with Brenda Christensen. Boyd Jensen says that Beverly is not doing well. He had a number of grandchildren there visiting. Ruth Palmer has cancer and is not planning on treating it. I probably will be doing both their funerals soon.

No comments: