Meridian Magazine

23 September 2005

Oakley Rodeo

Last weekend we had a retreat for the Bishops in the Murray South Stake. All I knew was that it was at "the Sorenson's" cabin. I thought that was Steve Sorensen who was just recently released as the Stake Executive Secretary. It was actually Utah Billionaire, James Sorenson. He has a couple of children who live in our Stake. The "cabin" was very nice. It's about 8 miles up the valley to the East of Oakley, Utah. We had a very nice time. I was pleased that President Daw allowed it to be simply social, no fireside, no morning devotional. We just sat around and chatted and laughed, ate and played a silly game with candy bars. Bishop Mark Johnson of the South Cottonwood ward told the dooziest mission story about a sister in his mission who had a baby (immaculate conception!!!!) Lenore and I got one of the nicer rooms, a suite, probably because it had a larger bed and I'm so tall. I couldn't figure out how to make the satellite TV work, though. Sister Daw made some really good salsa. I usually avoid Jalapeno peppers like the plague. But, in this case they added just the right amount of spiciness and pepperiness for me.

No comments: