Meridian Magazine

27 July 2005

Help I'm infected! My family is infected!

I have previously expressed disdain for "The O.C." Thinking it unworthy pap ala "Falcon Crest" or "Snots Landing" I haven't been drawn to watch it. One of my shallow, unsophisticated nieces (who will remain anonymous so as to protect her unsophistication, but whose name starts with a Brittany and ends with a Wilhelm) loaned a box DVD set of the show to Ailsa. Thus, I have been exposed. Strangely so far I find it not repulsive. I have never really liked Peter Gallagher before and wouldn't have chosen him to play a SoCal transplant from NYC who surfs every day before heading to his law office. I like him in the role alot. Also Benjamin McKenzie is somewhat mesmerizing with his Russell Crowe looks and his unobtrusive manner. And Mischa Barton is very watchable. I can't help but wonder if she could make the move to the big screen, not so sure. Still, so far the "class warfare" is quite overblown (Pittsburgh? Ew!), at least from my experience. Maybe to be more accurate the show should be called "The Newport."

No comments: